Here are just five reasons why you should visit the Yorkshire Dales on your next holiday.
We may not always be able to guarantee the weather, but the scenery in some of Yorkshire’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty look stunning in any weather! There’s so much to see and do in the Yorkshire Dales, but here are just five reasons why you should visit this gorgeous part of the country on your next holiday…
1. The scenery – Yorkshire is famous for its rolling green hills, deep valleys, and charming little villages. The area is popular with walkers, cyclists, climbers, and anyone who loves the outdoors. There are hundreds of walking and hiking routes throughout the Yorkshire Dales, many of which will lead you to a quaint country pub serving traditional Yorkshire cuisine and real ales.
2. The food – Yorkshire is home to so many delicious foods like Yorkshire puddings, Parkin, Wensleydale cheese, and Pontefract cakes. Of course, you can get all of these foods in other places around the UK now, but there’s nothing like eating a roast dinner in a Yorkshire pub with a traditional Yorkshire pudding!
3. The museums, castles and stately houses – You can’t always predict the weather in Yorkshire, so if it’s pouring down with rain it’s good to have a back-up plan!
4. The cities – Yorkshire isn’t just about the countryside; there are also several of the UK’s biggest cities found in the county, including Leeds and York. If you’re staying in the Dales then you’ll not be too far a drive from one of the cities if you might fancy a change of scene
5. The accommodation – Head out into the Yorkshire Dales and you’ll find at Country Hideaways we have a variety of cottages, converted barns and mills that are beautifully appointed, comfortable and stylish, allowing you to enjoy the countryside with all your home comforts.
Written By Nadine Bell