Security of your data
Protecting your data and keeping it secure is important to us so we use appropriate procedures and software to make sure your data stays safe. We are PCI DSS compliant which means that any payment card information is processed in a secure way and that we never store any payment card details.
What we do with the information we collect from you
• If you make a booking we will use your contact information to complete your booking and send out your booking confirmation and information about your holiday.
• If you have requested a brochure we will use your contact information to send you our latest brochure and future brochures which are sent out annually. If you no longer wish to receive our brochures please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you have used our 'Contact Us' form or an enquiry form from a third party we will use your contact information to reply to your enquiry.
• If you consent, or have already consented, to receiving our enewsletters, then we will use your email address to keep you up to date with Late Availability, Special Offers and news of new properties that join the Country Hideaways family. Every enewsletter does have the option for you to unsubscribe from all future enewsletters.
• If you told us where you heard about us we will use this information to improve our marketing.
How we share your data
• If you make a booking your contact and booking information is passed on to the property owner so that they are aware of who you are and when you are holidaying in their property. We will also provide you with owner and caretaker details so that you can make key collection arrangements for your holiday and contact them if you have any queries during your stay.
• If you have requested a brochure we may pass your contact details, which would include title, forename or initials, surname and postal address, to a mailing house so that our brochure is posted out to you. Your personal data is deleted by the mailing house once it has been processed.
Our lawful bases for processing your personal data
• Consent - we rely on your consent to send you direct marketing such as our enewsletters and brochures. If you make a booking or request our brochure you can give consent to receive our enewsletters by ticking the box, by filling out a request a brochure form to receive our brochures or verbally on the telephone. If you are already receiving our enewsletters and/or brochures you can withdraw your consent at anytime by unsubscribing.
• Contract - when you make a booking through Country Hideaways a contract is formed between you and the property owner. Your contact details and booking information are required for the contract.
You have right to request the data we hold for you and ask us to amend it if it is incorrect. You may do this by emailing email@example.com, calling 01969 663559 or writing to us at Margarets Cottage, West Burton, Leyburn, North Yorkshire DL8 4JN.
If you have consented to receiving our enewsletters and/or brochures and no longer wish to receive them then you can inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01969 663559 or writing to us at Margarets Cottage, West Burton, Leyburn, North Yorkshire DL8 4JN.
If your holiday has passed you also have a right to ask us to delete your personal data. You can do this by emailing email@example.com, calling 01969 663559 or writing to us at Margarets Cottage, West Burton, Leyburn, North Yorkshire DL8 4JN.
This privacy statement only applies to www.countryhideaways.co.uk.
If you have any queries regarding your data please email Country Hideaways at firstname.lastname@example.org.